Forking Paths is my ongoing RPG zine spanning a variety of content. In this inaugural issue, a Guidebook to the Viridian Maw!
This 24-page PDF of the digest-sized zine contains fodder for a wilderness sandbox campaign in the Viridian Maw: an overgrown meteor crater, mutated and reshaped by fungal influence. To get a sense of it, check out the free download below for the one-page version of the setting.
Everything is system neutral & stats agnostic, though the material is written with genre assumptions leaning toward D&D/OSR games (but usable for games like Apocalypse World or Dungeon World, too).
- 26 wildlife entries including plants, animals, fungi & trees
- 14 interior illustrations
- Overview of peoples living in the crater
- Backstory for the ancient history of the Viridian Maw
- Advice and tips on using the material
- Random tables to generate interesting ruins & encounters
- Hexmap with 12 keyed locations
The zine’s cover and hexmap are both in color; all other art and illustrations are in B&W. The PDF is in single-page layout format. Need it another way? Let me know!